Friday, September 17, 2010

ON THE ROAD

Day 10
After breakfast in the MH we went into Dartmouth to the ferry terminal to take pictures of the Harbor. We visited several other sights of interest and then out to a fishing village to look around, there we found numerous restaurants but left to go to Halifax and tour some sights to down town.

We then traveled to Peggy’s Cove a very interesting sight with the lighthouse and the bay we took a different way back to the MH as the GPS lead us on the wrong route out to the cove. I believe the GPS has been our worst enemy as well as a very helpful item several times.

Since I still am having tire problems after we visit Laurinburg in the morning we will again be looking for a tire dealer.

Day 11
Waking up to rain I went to McDonald’s for some Hot Cakes which we ate in the MH with Turkey Bacon and Coffee. Afterwards I drove to the tire center doors at Wal-Mart and got air for my tire and proceeded to Folksville, NS. After driving an hour we realized the dependable GPS had once again played another trick on us. I had enough, the wrong direction, the rain; I decided it was time to head home.

Along the way plans were changed and we went further north and came in at on I-95 at Houlton, ME and are staying at, “My Brother’s Place" Campground. Tomorrow we will visit, Presque Isle, Me, and the largest covered bridge in the world in Hartland, CA, and other scenic sights.